To ensure high print quality, it is crucial that flexo plates are cleaned regularly and properly.
Keeping the plates clean has many advantages:
1. Improved print quality, ensuring they are free of debris, ink buildup, and other contaminants, resulting in clean, consistent prints.
2. Extends the life of your plates, because when you clean them regularly, you prevent ink buildup and other damage, helping to extend their life and save money in the long run.
3. Less printing defects, because defects such as smudges, scratches and poor registration often occur in the printing process. By keeping them clean, you can avoid these problems and get a high-quality product.
4. You get higher productivity when your plates are free of contaminants, your press can run more smoothly and efficiently. This leads to increased productivity and reduced downtime.
5. Increase the security in your results when you establish cleaning protocols, achieving consistency in the guarantee of your printing, which translates into the confidence of your result.
If after reading all these advantages, you want to establish a maintenance protocol, we share a basic and effective plan with you:
· Clean them at the same time you finish printing.
· Store them where they do not bend or fit together.
· Avoid direct exposure to sunlight.
· Store them in a cool place that is not exposed to high temperatures.
· Store them hermetically to protect them from the burning of ozone produced by electric motors and corona treaters.
· Identify them in such a way that they are not confused with other works to avoid unnecessary manipulations.
The cleaning of flexographic plates is essential in the printing process. With good maintenance you guarantee quality, prolong its useful life, avoid unwanted defects and increase productivity.
If you want to know about these issues, we invite you to follow us on our social networks, where we share information that will surely be useful to you.