To talk about the news, trends and technologies that exist in the flexographic sector, for us, it is vital to take a starting point and this is: DRUPA.
Drupa, is the most important graphic arts technology fair in the world, held in Düsseldorf, Germany. It provides a fundamental boost to numerous applications in the graphic arts, industrial, media and packaging production. Drupa offers networking opportunities and great potential to close business deals.
It is the forum where innovations are presented to the market, where new business models are developed and where new alliances are formed. Drupa is synonymous with showing cutting-edge technologies and new solutions capable of opening the door to new groups, targeted by the most diverse sectors. The novelties in terms of printing and packaging production are essential elements of the fair.
In terms of machinery, we have this new form of remote assistance, offered by Koenig-bauer, (data glasses, available 24/7 for its customers). This company is at the forefront of the times. They offer remote maintenance from flexotecnica and are available 24/7, either for assistance in case of breakdowns or more complex press problems. The PressSupport24 service enables efficient online diagnosis and fast telephone support in case of press defects, 24 hours a day. In this way, they can resolve 80% of customer inquiries directly, through remote maintenance, that is, without the need for costly and time-consuming technician tasks on site.
AR-DataGlass, data glasses as it is known, is based on augmented reality, remote maintenance specialists can see, in real time, what their service technician can see in the company physically. And your technician is instructed step by step, for example, on how to remedy the defect.
The novelties within the design area.
If you are looking to dramatically reduce the cost of errors and increase the efficiency of your production setup department, ArtPro and PackEdge are the answer.
ArtPro and PackEdge are complete editors for packaging production preparation. Both offer exclusive technologies and specialized tools, dedicated to your most sensitive points in prepress.
Some of the features of ArtPro are:
- Reduce unintentional errors when editing.
- Work on PDF files with a full set of editing features.
- Import PDF files.
- Saves mission-critical metadata such as ink properties, image links, barcode information, or screening information.
- PDF files edited with ArtPro + are self-contained and comply with the latest PDF for packaging standards.
- ArtPro + enables variable data printing with the click of a button for labels and folding carton converters.
- Automate repeat prepress tasks, allowing for more standardization so you can get more work done.
And as for PackEdge, some of its most relevant features are:
- It offers views of the separation in high resolution.
- Offers separation previews.
- Moiré detection and registration error.
- Digital densitometer.
Another very complete editor is the DeskPack, and among its most relevant features we have:
- Convert Adobe® Illustrator® and Photoshop® into complete packaging applications.
- Use EskoArtwork knowledge in pre-production.
- Import structural design files (CAD data).
- Create reruns of print-ready production files.
- You don’t need a server.
Manually trapping the packaging artwork can take hours, and the work must be done by qualified personnel. DeskPack can Trapping files fully automatically. Exceptions can be saved and will be used after a change is made to the file.
- It’s 80% faster.
- Fully automatic trapping.
- Fully customizable.
The flexographic world advances rapidly, seeking to offer not only excellent image quality in printing, but also effective and precise solutions, in the challenges that can be presented to the entire work team behind a printed packaging.