There are many methods for printing packaging and labels, it will depend on the type of material, product characteristics, information that the label will contain, time, what the client wants to achieve, among others..
Since flexo is a high-relief printing system, say, the areas of the plate that print are higher than those where they will not be printed. The ink is deposited on the plate, it presses on the labels to be printed, leaving a stain where it corresponds. It is a method similar to that of a printing stamp.
- Removable Adhesive Labels: characterized because it is easy to remove, it is widely used in glass bottles/packages.
- Permanent Adhesive Labels: it is characterized by glue that is not easily removed from the substrate and when it is made it leaves trace of where it was placed.
- Homet Adhesive Labels: used on surfaces where adhesion is very difficult, it is the most used on rough, porous surfaces and as far as moisture exists.
- Adhesive labels for Refrigeration Products: in this type of products the adhesion is very different from the others, as these packaging will be subjected to high cold temperatures and / or thawing processes. So the glue on this label is formulated so that it stays attached to the packaging, no matter how temperature it is.
Adhesive labels are undoubtedly one of many’s preferred materials to identify and guarantee your product.
Advantages of using Flexography for adhesive label printing:
- Versatility, can be used on almost all types of substrate
- Print quality it offers
- Quickly, you get high amounts of printing. More than 200 units per minute can be performed on a flexographic printer
- Labels can be handled using a roll
- Diversity of materials
- If you want to apply laminates or some type of varnish, this can be done without affecting the quality and very easily
- Flexographic machines print three or more simultaneous colors
- Various UV varnishes can be used to achieve better quality labels with much brighter colors
- High-resolution images that will not be affected when printed may be used
The quality for any item will depend on the material where they are printed as well as the finishes that are made of them. That is why scrutiny must be made of what is right for the company and its product. In terms of the types of materials on which they can be printed:
- Metallic or white polyethylene
- Light or white polypropylene
- Propalcote paper
- Plastic films
How to identify the type of label your product should have?
If you require a label that doesn’t last long on the packaging, example for promotions, balances, coupons and so on then you’ll need an economic label.
Safety, they can be applied on any surface because in addition to their aesthetic qualities, they function as safety seals on most substrates.
Coupon types: which are the labels used for bottles where you can join the three adhesive layers printed on the front and backrest, allowing you to have amply information on it.
Innovation in the world of labels is present, such as Karlville, who recently introduced the Karlville KS-Dsup-400-GS machine to the market, which is designed for label printers looking to enter the market for flexible packaging (pouches) with medium and narrow band presses. Being more productive and with high performance.
As well as Cartes who set a new standard of special effects of “digital screen printing” with their exclusive technology, JET D-SCREEN, which allows to create high thickness multilevel effects such as 3D cast gold and braille printing. Through this innovative finishing technology that uses its own patented system that allows to deposit thicknesses of inks that were previously impossible to achieve with INK JET technologies.